Jim C's Reviews > Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis

Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis by Anne Rice

it was ok

This is one more entry into a series that has spanned over forty years. One doesn't need to read all the other books before this one. I would suggest reading the first three books and the one that immediately before this one before attempting this novel. In this one, there is an unknown threat to the vampires of this world.

I am being generous with my two star rating but one star would have been too harsh. The main problem of this book is that it really doesn't concern Lestat until the final pages. This book really should have been called "Amel and the Realms of Atlantis". I believe that Anne Rice excels when she writes about theology and about existing. In this one, she enters the world of sci-fi. I didn't mind the story but I think it doesn't belong in this universe and would have been better served as a story of its own self. There were parts that I did enjoy but they were too few in number.

If one is expecting this book to capture the allure of the first several books of this series, one is going to be disappointed. The story was there but not for these beloved characters. I also believe this could be construed as false advertising as the "Brat Prince" was nowhere to be seen. My advice would be is to stick with the early books that were amazing to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis.

March 11, 2018 – Shelved