Ivana - Diary of Difference's Reviews > The Night Raid

The Night Raid by Clare Harvey

28198445

bookshelves: read-in-2018, crime-mystery-thriller, romance, owned, favourites, gift

| Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest |

If you are a fan of drama, history, romance, World War II related books, heartwarming read and words that will make you laugh and cry at the same time - The Night Raid from Clare Harvey is the perfect book for you.

In the time of the World War II, in a factory in England, women work their way to earn a bit of money for themselves and their families. All of these women have their own stories and their own secrets.

When a woman comes to the factory to paint the ladies working the night shift, a lot of secrets will be revealed. The stories of love, broken hearts, never-haves, hopes and dreams for the future will be painted on that canvas.

Full with passion, mystery, warmness and moments that will stay with you forever, Clare Harvey captures all of these and more in this amazing book.

She describes the characters in a unique way, she gives them life and meaning, and in a page or two you will already be inside their world, going through their happiness and pain.

This book was quite fast paced - in the meaning of - the story goes on smoothly, and there aren’t any sideway streets where you can get lost into. It was easy to keep track of what is happening from the very first beginning and easy to stay on track as well.

Clare managed to capture the World War II period in England quite well. I would never know how it was then, of course, but by reading the book, I could find myself being there, stuck in that time, stuck with those principles that we don’t believe in now. Stuck in a time where people believed that if a woman becomes pregnant during her working time, she has to either give up the baby, or live in a house full of other women that ended up the same way as her. Stuck in a time where gender equality is not a thing, and how could it be?

I would definitely recommend this book to every one of you, because it is a perfect blend of history and romance, of sadness and happiness, and of such powerful women that fought against all odds to survive and achieve in what they believed in!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Raid.

March 10, 2018 – Started Reading
March 10, 2018 – Shelved
March 13, 2018 –
page 188
March 14, 2018 –
page 253
60.24% "This is such an extraordinary book! I can't wait to find out how it ends! Then again, I also don't want it to end..."
March 16, 2018 – Shelved as: read-in-2018
March 16, 2018 – Shelved as: crime-mystery-thriller
March 16, 2018 – Shelved as: romance
March 16, 2018 – Shelved as: owned
March 16, 2018 – Finished Reading
May 11, 2018 – Shelved as: favourites
January 5, 2019 – Shelved as: gift

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by Clare (new) - added it

Clare Harvey I'm so glad you liked it, Ivana - what a lovely review. Thank you! Cx

Ivana - Diary of Difference Thank you Clare! This book is indeed extraordinary! I loved it! <3

message 3: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra Great review Ivana! :)

message 4: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Great review.got this on my Kindle to read.

message 5: by Joe (new)

Joe Krakovsky Great review, Ivana. Those were difficult times to say the least.