Silver James's Reviews > Wild Like the Wind

Wild Like the Wind by Kristen Ashley

bookshelves: 2018-books-read, audio-books, auto-buy-series, dark-and-dirty, keeper, romance, suspense, 2019-books-read, motorcycle, reread, reread-in-same-year, 2021-books-read, favorite-authors
Read 4 times. Last read February 25, 2021 to February 28, 2021.

Wild Like the Wind (Chaos, #5) by Kristen Ashley Feb. '21 relisten: This book WRECKS me. Every. Damn. Time! All the feels. Tears. Laugher. Anger. Love. It's been awhile. I got my wish--Chaos 2nd Gen. So... went back to listen to MOTORCYCLE MAN because...a fav. And then this book because Dutch and Jagger are in it. Next comes FREE to refresh my memory and then finally moving on to the next two books. Did I mention that WILD LIKE THE WIND totally WRECKS me?!?!?! Totally.

Nov. '19 re-listen: I've listened to the last book. I don't "hate" KA quite so much for ROUGH RIDE and WILD LIKE THE WIND dangling cliffhangers. And I loved this book despite those. Dutch and Jagger just get cooler--totally want a Chaos Next Gen. Keely and Hound are just...*deep feminine sigh* and Jean-Bug still gets me right in the heart. Totally--almost--love this book!

Feb. 2019 series re-listen before the last book: Okay, pretty much exactly what I said before. The boys talking about Keely and Hound as they sit at the kitchen table still makes me laugh. And Hound and Jean-Bug and...*sniffle*. I'm still waiting for that one incident in the epilogue of RIDE ROUGH which still ticks me off. (REALLY hoping that a scene in FREE will explain things.) Still a 5 star listen despite the things that irk me. Still love all the characters.

2018 Original review: I don't know whether to kiss my iPhone or throw it against the wall. ARGHHHH! I don't even know how to vent my frustration without spoilers. ARGHHHH!!!! *deep breathes* Okay. The good stuff first. Kate Russell rocks as a narrator. I freaking loved 99.9% of this book. Keely and Hound make my heart hurt and swell so big with happiness that I feel like I'm on a pogo stick: Up! Down. UP! down. Crazysauce. Hound is...you'll just have to read it. Had I not just done a re-listen to the Chaos series, Hound wouldn't have surprised me so much. But he did. And Keely was... She was...IT. Parts of this book had me laughing out loud. The discussion by the Girl Posse at the bar in the Compound comparing...equipment. With the brothers there. I scared the dogs laughing so hard. Jean-bug. And Black. Ahhh. And now my heart hurts a little even as I smile around the sniffles. Dutch and Jagger. Holy crap, I hope someday there's a Chaos Gen2. I wanna see those boys grow up. When they're talking about their mom (Keely) and Hound doing it? Another laugh out loud section. There's drama. There's comedy. There's supense and tension and OMGWTFBBQ moments. And that's all the good things.

Now, as to the reason I'm ticked right the effing off. ROUGH RIDE, the novella that tells the story of Rosalie and Snapper released in February but I didn't read it until May. The timeline runs somewhat concurrent with WLTW, and there are mentions in WILD of events in ROUGH. The cliffhanger at the end of ROUGH was EFFING INTENSE! I've been waiting and waiting for WILD to come out to get resolution of the two events IN that cliffhanger. By the end of WILD? I was gritting my teeth. By the end of the hour-long (in audio terms) epilogue, when the timeline had moved over a year in advance? And mention of only one of the events at the end in ROUGH RIDE? And nothing about the one that really needs further resolution? NOTHING! NADA! So yeah. I'm a bit peeved.

Oh, and there's an added "bonus" prologue in the digital edition, but not the audio version, for Rush's story, which is to be the last Chaos book. No word on when it will drop but sounds like the finale will be a big one. I just hope that unresolved incident gets explained. I'm going to give this book 5 stars, but that other situation better get cleared up STAT, or I might just come back and delete a star. Which isn't fair to Keely and Hound because...damn. Just...damn.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild Like the Wind.

March 10, 2018 – Shelved
February 25, 2021 – Started Reading
February 28, 2021 – Shelved as: 2021-books-read
February 28, 2021 – Shelved as: favorite-authors
February 28, 2021 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Kathryn Oh geez.....I think I might have to stop my current listening series and go after this one! I want to “read” this book just because of your review!

Silver James Kathryn wrote: "Oh geez.....I think I might have to stop my current listening series and go after this one! I want to “read” this book just because of your review!"

Readers either adore KA or hate her writing. You mileage may vary. However, if you do decide to start, begin with MOTORCYCLE MAN, which is the last book in her Dream Man series, but introduces Chaos MC. I recommend reading all 4 of the Dream Man books because those characters make cameos in Chaos. But MOTORCYCLE MAN definitely because Tack (the hero) is the president of the MC and has big parts to play in all the Chaos books.

If you decide to jump in, I hope you enjoy, Kathryn!