Elyse Walters's Reviews > What Happened

What Happened by Hillary Rodham Clinton

There are already zillions of reviews....and it took me forever to get this book from the library... ( ebook) ... I’m still on the waitlist for the Audiobook.

Here are a few of my ‘LATE-TO-THE-PARTY’ THOUGHTS....

It must be very odd for Hillary... “being in her shoes”..
Her conflicting feelings must be an ongoing ongoing ongoing-basically never ending conflict!!! Happy if Trump is failing?/! yet crazy worried for Americans and the world at large.

I really enjoyed reading this book. Hilary was real.

I shared Hilary’s anger when after the election many people ( young women mostly) said they were so sorry they didn’t do more - they didn’t even vote.
Hilary was thinking ...( but didn’t say )..
“YOU WANT ME TO FEEL SORRY FOR YOU”....for not voting?
As it turns out - would it have made any difference anyway? She won the popular vote. Something is so wrong with this system today!!!

I also share the same thoughts as Hilary when she said ....
“As an American I’m worried about our country, as for me, I’m doing ok”.

Maybe I was late to the party, but this book was still worth reading!!!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Happened.

Started Reading
March 10, 2018 – Shelved
March 10, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)

message 1: by Rita (last edited Mar 10, 2018 09:42AM) (new)

Rita I voted for her as the lesser of two evils. This book was a waste of paper, in my opinion. Your review was great and don't take my opinion of her personally.

message 2: by Miriam (new)

Miriam Smith Great review Elyse my dear 🌹🌹

message 3: by Paula (new)

Paula Kalin Glad you enjoyed reading her book, Elyse. I liked reading about how you personally felt about the political environment at that time!

Susanne Strong Great review Elyse! My sentiments exactly. Love Hillary. Love this Book.. Still Verklempt.

Nenia ✨ Queen of Literary Trash, Protector of Out-of-Print Gems, Khaleesi of Bodice Rippers, Mother of Smut, the Unrepentant, Breaker of Convention ✨ Campbell Great review, Elyse! :D I love Hillary too, and I have zero sympathy for people who didn't vote - especially if they lived in a swing state.

Elyse Walters Rita... NO PROBLEM... I’ve much respect for your comment!!!!
Truthfully- for a long time - I wanted to vote for Bernie. I was too worried it would be a wasted vote. Hilary made mistakes - WHO HASN’T? Obama, Clinton, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Adams, - etc etc ETC....,,everyone has ( but bless them all for sitting in the hottest seat/job in America...
We eat these politicians alive —
But what we have now is so scary - so pathetic- embarrassing-
I grew to love Hilary more during all this mess! What she had to deal with had to be unbearable!

Hugs ..,,
I’ll be back to respond to other comments later... must go xoxo

message 7: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Ansbro Elyse for President!!!!

message 8: by Eric (new)

Eric Hausman-Houston Great review! One vote should be worth one vote, no more, no less. I'm disgusted by those who will never allow our unjust electoral system to change.

Matt A brilliant review, Elyse. I cannot wait to see how all this plays out in #realnews

message 10: by Cydney (new)

Cydney Eliza Maybe she and her crew shouldn’t have rigged the system, and maybe Bernie might have won the primary

Elyse Walters GREAT comments you lovely people!!!! 💕💕💕...
Paul and I are in Pismo Beach.

Elyse Walters Kevin... can you even imagine the job of President? Even ‘if’ brilliantly qualified- dignified- appropriate- great with all types of people to boot...
The stress - lack of freedom- and mostly the responsibility- seems sooo HUGE to endure day in and day out.

Elyse Walters Laughing Cydney.,, yeah.. that would have fixed ALL OUR PROBLEMS... lol. :)

Elyse Walters Eric — I agree... especially in Today!!! There is no reason for the old rules of the early days and they are proving not to be working -
We had the same issue with Gore.

Elyse Walters Matt... thanks. You wrote an exceptional review! As a Canadian...can I ask you to keep magical open arms for my daughter for a fairly easy transition moving to YOUR country.
Funny... as parents.. Paul and I might feel loss having our daughter to another country - right? We’re happy for her - she has loved Canada for years.

And yes ... we are LIVING THIS HISTORY — we shall see how it plays out!!! 💕

Elyse Walters I talk to him regularly

message 17: by Cheri (new) - added it

Cheri Elyse, I still haven't read this, or the book that she wrote last before this one (another Miami Book Fair gift from my brother), but I do intend to read it. I just can only handle so many hours of politics or talk about politics a day, though. I loved Joe Biden's 'Promise Me, Dad,' though it contained more about his political career (as it relates to those years with Beau) than I thought it would.

Elyse Walters Hi Muzhen... search his name ... here on Goodreads ... his name will pop up...then you can click open books he has read - and read many of his reviews.
I know he read “Educated” not too long ago. Hope you connect with him. 🙂. Wonderful guy ..

Elyse Walters Hi Cheri ... I never listened to Biden’s audiobook. It’s personal and pretty intimate- yes? I should make time for it. Thanks!!!
I’m with you - I can only take politics these days in small doses. Paul is hooked in much more than me. - but thanks ... I’ll go put my name on the library waitlist for Biden’s book. 💕💕