Rhomy's Reviews > Hush, Hush

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

What to say about this? Everybody read it. Most people loved it, some people hated it. For me, the first 75% was super boring. The last quarter was good, hence the 3 stars. (if it wasn't for that last 25%, I would have given it 2 stars)

I think it has potential to get better and since it's the first book in the series, I'm willing to give it a chance (that and the fact that I have the box set...)

Anyway, the writing was good and easy to read. The plot was interesting and it had lots of action. Also there was a scene at a motel that I liked very much.
My main problem was with the characters. I couldn't connect with any of them.

Vee, the best friend was an idiot, not a very good friend at all, on the contrary, she was so hormone-driven that she didn't pay attention to her friend whatsoever. Also, I think the author tried to make her appear funny and failed miserably.

Nora... well, what can I say about Nora? She is utterly annoying, infuriating. She makes Bella Swan look like Einstein, always making the worst decisions and being so so so so immature and lacking common sense.

And Patch...to be honest, I didn't fall for him. He was mysterious? yes. He had great abs? yes. But sexy? Mmm... nope. At least, not yet.

Furthermore, I don't know when or why they fall in love and that irritates me. a lot. :D

In any case, I will continue with the second book because I want to know where this is headed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hush, Hush.

November 6, 2011 – Shelved
December 26, 2014 –
page 208
December 27, 2014 –
page 307
78.52% "ummm... and when it's the good part coming? O.o"
December 27, 2014 – Finished Reading