Rhomy's Reviews > Fahrenheit 451

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

Nov 06, 2011

bookshelves: classics, dystopia, sci-fi, friend-s-5star-reviews, everybody-read-it

Didn't like the end very much but the rest was fantastic, the writing is beautiful, the characters are amazing and the way Bradbury was able to foresee a society that is very similar to ours... mesmerizing.
full review coming soon!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fahrenheit 451.

Quotes Rhomy Liked

Ray Bradbury
“Oh God, the terrible tyranny of the majority. We all have our harps to play. And it's up to you to know with which ear you'll listen.”

Ray Bradbury
“And when he died, I suddenly realized I wasn’t crying for him at all, but for the things he did. I cried because he would never do them again, he would never carve another piece of wood or help us raise doves and pigeons in the backyard or play the violin the way he did, or tell us jokes the way he did. He was part of us and when he died, all the actions stopped dead and there was no one to do them the way he did. He was individual. He was an important man. I’ve never gotten over his death. Often I think what wonderful carvings never came to birth because he died. How many jokes are missing from the world, and how many homing pigeons untouched by his hands? He shaped the world. He did things to the world. The world was bankrupted of ten million fine actions the night he passed on.”

Ray Bradbury
“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over; so in a series of kindnesses there is at last one which makes the heart run over.”

Ray Bradbury
“But you can't make people listen. They have to come round in their own time, wondering what happened and why the world blew up around them. It can't last.”

November 6, 2011 – Shelved