Anasylvia's Reviews > The Plague

The Plague by Albert Camus

Nov 06, 2011

bookshelves: 1001-books-challenge, classics, philosphy
Read from November 06 to December 19, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Plague.

Quotes Anasylvia Liked

Albert Camus
“I have no idea what's awaiting me, or what will happen when this all ends. For the moment I know this: there are sick people and they need curing.”

Albert Camus
“And he knew, also, what the old man was thinking as his tears flowed, and he, Rieux, thought it too: that a loveless world is a dead world, and always there comes an hour when one is weary of prisons, of one's work, and of devotion to duty, and all one craves for is a loved face, the warmth and wonder of a loving heart.”
tags: love

Albert Camus
“I know that man is capable of great deeds. But if he isn't capable of great emotion, well, he leaves me cold.”

Albert Camus
“The truth is that everyone is bored, and devotes himself to cultivating habits.”

Albert Camus
“They knew now that if there is one thing one can always yearn for, and sometimes attain, it is human love.”
tags: love

Albert Camus
“Whereas during those months of separation time had never gone quickly enough for their liking and they were wanting to speed its flight, now that they were in sight of the town they would have liked to slow it down and hold each moment in suspense, once the breaks went on and the train was entering the station. For the sensation, confused perhaps, but none the less poingant for that, of all those days and weeks and months of life lost to their love made them vaguely feel they were entitled to some compensation; this present hour of joy should run at half the speed of those long hours of waiting.”

11/06/2011 page 77