Alexandra's Reviews > Call Me by Your Name

Call Me by Your Name by André Aciman

Mar 07, 2018

1 like ·

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Call Me by Your Name.

Quotes Alexandra Liked

André Aciman
“I suddenly realized that we were on borrowed time, that time is always borrowed, and that the lending agency exacts its premium precisely when we are least prepared to pay and need to borrow more...”

André Aciman
“We rip out so much of ourselves to be cured of things faster than we should that we go bankrupt by the age of thirty and have less to offer each time we start with someone new. But to feel nothing so as not to feel anything - what a waste!”

André Aciman
“Most of us can't help but live as though we've got two lives to live, one is the mockup, the other the finished version, and then there are all those versions in between. But there's only one, and before you know it, your heart is worn out, and, as for your body, there comes a point when no one looks at it, much less wants to come near it. Right now there's sorrow. I don't envy the pain. But I envy you the pain. (p. 225)”

André Aciman
“And on that evening when we grow older still we'll speak about these two young men as though they were two strangers we met on the train and whom we admire and want to help along. And we'll want to call it envy, because to call it regret would break our hearts.”

André Aciman
“We had the stars, you and I. And this is given once only.”

March 7, 2018 – Started Reading