07BrittanyO's Reviews > Torn

bookshelves: book-reports-term-2

Torn : missing series #4
Margaret Peterson Haddix
2011. 344 pages

In Torn, Jonah and Katherine are sent back to 1611 to save Henry Hudson's son John Hudson. However, this time there is a twist, Jonah has to take the place of John Hudson. Jonah now has to convince everybody on Hudson's ship that he is John Hudson. Now not only does Jonah have to save time, he now has to save John Hudson without being killed himself. To make matters worse, he arrives in the middle of a mutiny against Henry Hudson. He is all alone now since Katherine must stay invisible. The pressure in on when Second comes back and is creating more mischief than ever. Andrea, Antonio, Brendan and JB are still stuck in 1600 and if Jonah dosn't save John Hudson, then they will be stuck there forever.

I absolutely love this book, I definetly give it 5 stars. One thing I love about it is the description in the book. Pg. 252 "The bear growled then, a sound that seemed to shake the earth." She just seems to make the intense momengts even better. Page 285. "Jonah sat there panting for a moment, tring to draw oxygen from the baked air into his lungs." This book is great, it combines non-fiction history with some fiction sci-fi. It makes it a great read and is very fun to read. I just fell in love with this book. I would defintetly recomend this book to anyone who loves a good book and likes to read about mysteries or realistic-fictiion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Torn.

11/25/2011 page 352
100.0% "i finished in a week"