Iris's Reviews > Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz

Edit: Sooo... I'm knocking this down from for stars to three stars, because I just didn't like the writing style. It was still good, but I just got too swept up in the hype... I loved the characters, but I just wasn't feeling it.

I'd heard nothing but good things about this book, so I was pretty exited to read it. And while I did really enjoy it, I was just a tiny bit disappointed.

I really liked the characters. They were amazing! Their relationship was so wonderful, but honestly the characters were the only reason I enjoyed this book.

Other than their relationship there wasn't really a plot. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but also isn't exactly a good thing.

And I really didn't like the writing style. Really didn't like it. This was very much just me, but I had a really hard time getting into this because of the writing, and.. I don't know, it just wasn't very easy to read for me.

I still liked it quite a lot, but it just wasn't amazing for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe.

March 4, 2018 – Started Reading
March 4, 2018 – Shelved
March 4, 2018 –
page 0
0.0% "I've been hearing good things about this book for ages... I never really intended to read it, but I picked up on a whim from the library... It had better not disappoint!"
March 4, 2018 –
page 19
5.29% "He talked about swimming as if it were a way of life. He was fifteen years old. Who was this guy?

Hahaha, my immediate reaction to this line was to think of my cousin, because she loves swimming, and my brain decided she was fifteen.
Then I remembered that I'm fifteen now, and she's two years older than me...
When did that happen?!"
November 7, 2018 – Shelved as: boring
November 7, 2018 – Shelved as: romance
November 7, 2018 – Shelved as: what-on-earth-did-i-just-read
February 25, 2019 – Shelved as: any-lgbtqiap-at-all

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

shady boots | #WatchPOSE Totally agree. Glad I'm not alone in this.

Iris shady boots | #20gayteen wrote: "Totally agree. Glad I'm not alone in this."

Yeah me too. It was just... lacking something.