Malia's Reviews > Cross Her Heart

Cross Her Heart by Sarah Pinborough
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
5953660
's review

liked it
bookshelves: mystery-suspense

I sped through this book and yet I never quite felt gripped by or connected to the story. In fact, as I write this review, details are already beginning to fade from my memory (I very much hope this is only because it was an unmemorable book and nothing to do with my short-term memory!) It wasn't bad, it just wasn't spectacular in any way. Let me back-pedal for a second. The reason I say this is because I thought Pinborough's previous book, "Behind Her Eyes", though mighty weird, was definitely original and a page turner, so I may be comparing my experience reading that one with the experience of reading this one. I did like that the story was told from different POVs, and Pinborough does this well, and the plot does move quickly. Unfortunately, I felt the ending was very rushed, given all the build-up and a bit of a cop out. I'd be very curious to hear what anyone else thought. All in all, it was a decent thriller, even if I was not hugely impressed. I would read future books by this author, because her style is very readable and the pace quick.

Find more reviews and bookish fun at http://www.princessandpen.com
48 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cross Her Heart.
Sign In »

Reading Progress

March 4, 2018 – Shelved
March 4, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
June 16, 2018 – Started Reading
June 20, 2018 – Finished Reading
June 22, 2018 – Shelved as: mystery-suspense

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by KAS (new)

KAS Sorry this one didn’t impress as you had hoped, Malia :( Fantastic, honest review!! xoxo


Malia KAS wrote: "Sorry this one didn’t impress as you had hoped, Malia :( Fantastic, honest review!! xoxo"

Thanks so much:-)


message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin Great review, Malia! Don't worry, sometimes I also forget the storyline when I am writing a review too. I always see it as weeding out the different stars.


Malia Erin wrote: "Great review, Malia! Don't worry, sometimes I also forget the storyline when I am writing a review too. I always see it as weeding out the different stars."

Thank you, Erin! Glad I'm not the only one;-) It's definitely a good gauge to see how much of an impact the book has made!


message 5: by Diane (new)

Diane Wallace Nice review, Malia!


Malia Diane wrote: "Nice review, Malia!"

Thanks, Diane!


JanB I’ll be reading this soon. Sorry it didn’t work for you.


Malia JanB wrote: "I’ll be reading this soon. Sorry it didn’t work for you."

I didn't hate it, just felt underwhelmed. Hope you have a more satisfying experience!!


Jennifer Yes!!! The ending!!! I wanted more!! A one page “yup we all good now” isn’t enough for me!!! I want a certain detective to get her comeuppance!!! I want papers to retract stories and snotty coworkers to get theirs!!! So frustrating!


Malia Jennifer wrote: "Yes!!! The ending!!! I wanted more!! A one page “yup we all good now” isn’t enough for me!!! I want a certain detective to get her comeuppance!!! I want papers to retract stories and snotty coworke..."

Yes! I'm glad I wasn't the only one who felt this way!


back to top