☆High Lady of The Night Court☆'s Reviews > Daughter of the Siren Queen

Daughter of the Siren Queen by Tricia Levenseller

bookshelves: fantasy-read

The first book introduced us to Alosa's crew and in this book we learnt much more about their history and how they came to he a part of Alosa's crew. In the first book we merely caught a few glimpses of her crew, but in this book we embark on a nerve-racking mission which allows us to watch the crew work together, understand them and undeniably fall in love with each and every one of them.

In the first book Alosa said that,
"I value brilliant minds, honest souls, and those with long endurance. I forge relationships based on trust and mutual respect, not fear and control.” The truth in those words is clearly reflected in her relationship with the members of her crew and loyalty and respect they exhibit towards her. It also gives us an opportunity to see Alosa in her well deserved role as captain of her ship.

The adorable moments in this book make you want to squeal with happiness let it be the crew of the Ava-lee or Alosa and Riden. In the middle of the book, the small interactions with Roslyn(who you will meet in this book) are some of the most endearing conversations I have read.

This book starts off with Alosa handing over the last piece of the map to her father and capturing Vordan who reveals something that Alosa can't quite wrap her head around, but it inevitably leads her to move against the pirate king, endangering not only her life but also that of her crew. We also witness her struggle to master the siren part of her that wants nothing more than to join the sea.
Just like the first book, I was completely bewitched by this one and I rate it 5 stars with any hesitation whatsoever.

A book about pirates, sirens, and a girl caught between the two world she never quite fit in. Will choose to fight for herself and everything she believes in or will she succumb to the part of her that is constantly fighting for dominance and will grant her the power she so desires but will endanger everything she loves?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daughter of the Siren Queen.

March 4, 2018 – Started Reading
March 4, 2018 – Shelved
March 4, 2018 – Shelved as: fantasy-read
March 4, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Kaitlyn I finished this book not five minutes ago and thoroughly enjoyed it as well. <3

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma Your great review is encouraging me to get started on this. I’ve had it on my kindle and keep eying it up. Glad you enjoyed it as much as the first!

☆High Lady of The Night Court☆ Emma wrote: "Your great review is encouraging me to get started on this. I’ve had it on my kindle and keep eying it up. Glad you enjoyed it as much as the first!"

Thank you!

message 4: by Samadrita (new) - added it

Samadrita Your review made me quite curious about the series and i decided to check out the series...and after reading the synopsis of the first book...bloody hell, I think I am in love with the book...and I haven't even actually read the book yet! Going to Starmarks to get the book...nothing can stop our love! Well...except for the fact that it's 6 AM...I can grudgingly wait...probably... #evilsmile. Needless to say you are my new hero for introducing us :)

☆High Lady of The Night Court☆ Samadrita wrote: "Your review made me quite curious about the series and i decided to check out the series...and after reading the synopsis of the first book...bloody hell, I think I am in love with the book...and I..."

Thank you so much, that was very sweet. I really enjoyed these books and I hope you like them too.

message 6: by Samadrita (new) - added it

Samadrita I'm hoping I will like them too...Thank you so much :)