Bobo's Book Bank's Reviews > I Dare You

I Dare You by Ilsa Madden-Mills

I DARE YOU is book one in The Hook Up series and is a New Adult/College standalone.

Delaney is a sweet, good girl and actually pretty "nerdy". Maverick is a star football player who has more going on in his life than just the game. They meet as freshman and share a chaste kiss but nothing more. Now, as juniors, they have a chance for more.

I freaking loved all of the nerdy, geeky references in this book! And if that makes ME a nerd, so be it. Because all of those 80's mentions and movie quotes gave an otherwise somewhat predictable story a breath of fresh air! This is a relatively low drama, lighter kind of read. It was fun, amusing and entertaining.

Delaney kind of reminded me of Harley Quinn's sweeter, smarter twin! That's how I kept picturing her in my head and I don't mean that in a derogatory way because Harley Quinn is AWESOME. Maverick gave the impression at first of a typical player and yeah, he probably was one but he had many more layers under all that hotness. Delaney and Mav seemed like total opposites but they made a perfect couple!

The ending was a bit hokey but still managed to be endearing and charming too. Overall, this was a CUTE story with fun characters but with plenty of sexiness thrown in. Told from dual POVs with a sweet ending. I received, read and voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Dare You.

March 3, 2018 – Shelved