Lili Marcus's Reviews > 29 Seconds

29 Seconds by T.M. Logan

bookshelves: thriller, mystery, crime-thriller, family

Warning: This book may contain triggers.

When Sarah unknowingly saved a young girl from an abduction, she didn't expect that the father of the one she saved Would offer her a possible solution to get rid a source of her problem .

Give me one name. One person. And I will make them disappear . . . Because everyone has a name to give. Don't they?

And with Sarah's situation, the offer seemed tempting. She has a good job in the Academia and dedicated to it. But her boss isn't making it easy for her as he keeps on advancing to her sexually. And with two young kids and no husband, Sarah needs her job and her disgusting boss really makes it clear that he has all the connection.

To begin, the idea of this story was captivating enough for me to request this book and thankfully it delivered well. The idea of 29 seconds phone call was really intriguing and it was done due to a desperation of a victim, Sarah, who suddenly lose control of the result of what she did. At first I found myself emotionally involved with Sarah because of what she's going through because of her boss, and then after the call, I was flooded with even more emotions. I felt fear for Sarah, frustrated, more desperate. Clearly, I liked Sarah as a character though in reality I might not agree with some things she did, (But this is fiction so let's just pretend it's ok. LOL) and it'sthe reason why I didn't give this one a complete five.

The whole book is a roller coaster ride that promises an interesting intriguing story with few twist and turns making the ride more thrilling. The pace is just fine with me and the way the author handled the plot points was just amazing, making me want to read his first book, Lies.

I personally and wholeheartedly recommend this book to Thriller lovers like me. :) I read this book in just five hours because I really liked it.. :)

I was provided a copy by the publishers and author thru Netgalley in exchange for a review. Thank You. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 29 Seconds.

March 3, 2018 – Shelved