Justin's Reviews > Here We Grow: Mindfulness Through Cancer and Beyond

Here We Grow by Paige  Davis

U 50x66

bookshelves: 2018-reads

As a testicular cancer survivor, I found this book very applicable and helpful. I was given an advance reader copy by the author herself and I could not be more appreciative of the message that sparked it.

At first, I wasn't sure what to expect since I am not a practitioner of yoga or formal mediation. I found myself glued to the book from start to finish and realizing more and more that I use a number of mindfulness practices in my own daily life.

The book is very easy to read and written from the perspective of the author. I appreciated her use of everyday language and her inner monologues that were shared throughout.

Perhaps my favorite thing about this book was that it didn't take an 'either or' approach in regards to medical practice versus alternative healing. Rather, it was about joining the two, which I think is an important message to any cancer patient.

I recommend this book to any person touched by cancer, as this is truly an inspiring and relatable guide for what they may face and what's to come.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Here We Grow.

March 1, 2018 – Started Reading