Janne Janssens's Reviews > Sky in the Deep

Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young

bookshelves: top-favorites, books-i-own, owned-read, signed
Read 2 times. Last read February 17, 2020 to March 9, 2020.

I participated in the Behind The Book Readalong, hosted by the author herself. And I am so glad I did. I already was a big fan of this book, but now it has become one of my all time favorites. Being an aspiring writer it's so motivating and inspiring to learn about an author's writing process, and his/her emotions and experience during this process.
I have never annotated a book as much as this one. This paperback is a well loved book now. ♡

Adrienne Young's writing style is so poetical and emotional and that is one of the reasons I am a huge fan of Sky In The Deep. This book reads at high pace, but Adrienne knows how to describe an expression, a feeling, an environment with just one sentence and makes you feel like you know that world and the people inhabiting it.

I felt really connected to Eelyn, even though I am not like her at all. She is fierce and strong, a real badass, but also so loving and protective of her loved ones and that makes her so likable.
Oh, and don't get me started about Fiske. I have a new book boyfriend. My history in book boyfriends is really short, so he better feel honored.

Lastly, Sky In The Deep is one of few books that have made me cry, even when it was a reread...
So please, go read it (and let me know what you think!). I can recommend both the audiobook and the physical book.

Read my review about the companion novel THE GIRL THE SEA GAVE BACK here: Blog Post: January & February Reading Wrap-Up | Goodreads.

P.s. I am so excited for Adrienne Young's new book Fable that will come out in September 2020!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sky in the Deep.

March 1, 2018 – Shelved
March 1, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
June 2, 2019 – Started Reading
June 2, 2019 –
1.0% "This opening battle is SO well written."
June 5, 2019 –