BookwormDH's Reviews > Dead Girls

Dead Girls by Abigail Tarttelin

BLURB

When her best friend Billie is found murdered, eleven-year-old Thera - fearless and forthright - considers it her duty to find the killer. Aided by an Ouija board, Billie's ghost, and the spirits of four other dead girls, she's determined to succeed. The trouble with Thera, though, is that she doesn't always know when to stop - and sometimes there's a fine line between doing the right thing and doing something very, very bad indeed. Tense, visceral and thought-provoking, Dead Girls is the new novel from Abigail Tarttelin, the critically acclaimed author of Golden Boy.

MY THOUGHTS

I was pleasantly surprised with this book. After the first few chapters, I thought it read like a YA book. and in many ways it does. I didn't let this put me off and I'm glad I continued. The story and the writing was a pleasure to read. The author creates a tense atmosphere along with a very quizzical plot.

This is no high-octane thriller, though. It's a book which subtly draws you in and doesn't let go and retains plenty of tension throughout.

A cracking read! 4*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Girls.

March 1, 2018 – Shelved