Michael's Reviews > Daughter of the Siren Queen

Daughter of the Siren Queen by Tricia Levenseller

Daughter of the Siren Queen is such a perfect way to follow up Daughter of the Pirate King, which was one of my favorite releases of 2017. After the events of the first book, Alosa is back and finally gets the third map needed to capture the treasure of the sirens’ that her father is searching for. After procuring the map she learns more about her father and his control over her. Finding her mother captive helps solidify her doubts, and she is in a race away from her father.

While I really enjoyed Alosa in the first book, I felt like this book was a much better look out whom she truly is. We get to witness not just traditional siren powers, but more of the beast that lurks within her. We get to watch as she fears the siren side, and tries to figure out what is needed to truly control it. She enlists the help of Riden, the young pirate she took prisoner and whom is now a full member of her crew.

It isn’t just Alosa we get to learn more about, as the reader gets to truly meet and enjoy the crew surrounding Alosa on her ship. It was nice to finally really get to know those that Alosa has trusted to sail with her. It makes it much more of an emotional event when tragedy strikes than just another pirate being killed. Also Roslyn might be the most adorable pirate to ever sail the seas.

I know the first book had pirate action, but it was mostly about Alosa’s infiltration efforts aboard another ship. This book ramps up the action, and it is wonderful. At times Young Adult pirate books can sometimes lose focus of this aspect and focus a bit much on the characters and relationships. Thankfully Levenseller delivers without sacrificing the relationships among the characters.

In the end, I closed this book with a huge grin on my face. I had such a run ride along side Alosa, Riden and the crew. For anyone who enjoyed the first book, Siren Queen is sure to please. If you were left wanting more pirating after the first book, I recommend giving the sequel a try as you will find those wants fulfilled. I think all that is left that I could wish for from this series is short stories about many characters backgrounds and Alosa’s parents’ relationship prior to her being born. I would love any excuse to keep delving back in to this wonderful world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daughter of the Siren Queen.

March 1, 2018 – Started Reading