Molly Ringle's Reviews > Silver Dew

Silver Dew by Suzi Davis

Nov 04, 2011

Read in December, 2011

Honestly, I wish these books were what billions of teens (and adults) were reading instead of the Twilight series. It's much more worthy, given that it has a heroine who actually DOES stuff (rather than waiting to have stuff happen to her), and a hero who's sweet and charming, in a relationship that actually seems healthy. (And at the moments when it doesn't, the characters actually recognize the problem and try to fix it.)

In any case, I found this a highly satisfying sequel to Amber Frost! Sequels can often disappoint, but I think this one was actually more exciting and more tightly written than its predecessor--perhaps because this one's all about our heroes being chased across the world. Not only do we get some deeply cool geography visits (my favorite were the sites in Ireland and Greece), but the love story only becomes stronger and more dramatic. Past betrayals are uncovered that rise up and knock us all on our behinds, and make Sebastian and Grace stop trusting each other on more than one painful occasion. But it's okay! The ending was soothing and upbeat, making everything basically all right and feeling whole--but, I noticed, technically leaving room for another sequel if we beg Suzi hard enough. Go for it, Suzi!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silver Dew.

Michelle *like*

Molly Ringle It's my guilty reading pleasure for the rare hours I'm not busy this holiday season. :) Already I give it one of my highest compliments: it makes me want to write! (So I can create an equally romantic-magical couple.)

Michelle You're so sweet! I know, I am reading in my leisure time too, which means I'm staying up way too late. It's The Hunger Games right now.

message 4: by Suzi (new) - added it

Suzi Thanks Molly! :) Glad you are enjoying it! My Kindle is charging now so I can start attacking my holiday reading list (you are on it, by the way).
And Michelle, you will be hooked on The Hunger Games - go watch the trailer for the first movie on YouTube! I'm a little excited about that one.

message 5: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Ekstrom Okay, I've got to put down Chadwick now and dig into Silver Dew.