Bobo's Book Bank's Reviews > Up in Smoke

Up in Smoke by T.M. Frazier

UP IN SMOKE is book eight in the King Series and yes, it can be read as a standalone but if you enjoy dark romance, trust me...READ THE ENTIRE SERIES!! T.M. Frazier is one of my unicorn authors, my one-click-before-I-read-the-blurb authors! You'll find most, if not all, of her books on my READ AGAIN E-SHELF, and this one is no exception!

Smoke is an assassin for hire, a man who has nothing left to lose after the unthinkable happens. The only thing he lives for now is revenge, and he'll take that revenge out on Frankie. She's a young woman with more than one secret, she's a hell of a lot more than she seems and Smoke wants Frankie above all else!

I want to mention first, how much I LOVED the prologue! Ms. Frazier can draw you into her dark web from the prologue alone...READ IT!! Now, the story itself is just one huge twisted mass of craziness. There's definitely a few moments that made me gasp out loud (imagine me reading in the middle of the night, exclaiming, "Oh, shit!!" and "what the HELL!?") Plus, we get to revisit some beloved characters from the first books in the series!

Smoke and Frankie together are a bundle of contradictions. Light and shadow, love and hate, tarnished and pure. But they're two halves that make a whole no matter how right or wrong their relationship may be. Their love is sexy, scary, stained and clean. And yeah, this is fiction, a figment of a brilliant author's tangled imagination but man, to be a part of this world?? SWOON!!

The book read really fast for me, probably since I adore the series so much. Regardless, I'm blissfully content with Frankie and Smoke's happy ending! Told from dual POVs.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Up in Smoke.

February 28, 2018 – Started Reading