MeinLesezeichenBlog's Reviews > Frindle

Frindle by Andrew Clements

This is a very short story about a small, inconspicuous word, that made it and became something big. And it is a wonderful story, by the way. It was nice and a fun experience to accompany Nick on his short adventure into language and lexicography. In my eyes, language is a fascinating and captivating matter. And I think Nick would agree. I did not want to stop reading.

In my opinion, this story offers something for everyone, independently from age. The messages transported by this novel are precious for children and adults likewise. Language is a living thing and who does not believe my words, should read this book or study linguistics. Trust me, reading this book is far more pleasant than studying linguistics.

It was two years ago when I discovered this book. In Italy a similar event occurred. You can find the whole story here: How an eight-year-old boy invented a new word

Read it! Read this book, it is only 100 pages. It is worthwhile. Read it to your son, your daughter, your niece, your grandma or to your pet. It is a inventive and amusing story with a true core.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Frindle.

Finished Reading