chandler ainsley ♕'s Reviews > Falling Kingdoms

Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

bookshelves: 2018, fantasy

first of all:

description

cause this shit was GOOOOOOOOD.

i think if you've been awake for more than a couple of days, and been on this site for more than a few seconds you've probably seen the mixed reviews for this book. divisive, divisive, she is.

i can totally understand why people don't like this book. it's not exactly ground breaking in terms of unique characterizations or world building. and the use of language is... odd. i mean it's set in like a pseudo-medieval fantasy world but we're using words like "asshole" and "flesh wound."

but frankly my dear, i don't give a shit. this was fun and i don't mind a cliche.

let's talk about characters!!!!!

chloe
- basic bitch, becky with the blonde hair
- has "fire" within her but honestly not that impressed
- she better come back with a revenge body plan

jona-bona
- annoying, 2/10
- kind of clever though and has decent insights into people's manipulations
- but who cares cause he's annoying

manga
- sad boi, cries all the time, very EMOTIONAL
- carries big things if u know what i mean [i'm talking about his sword, pervs]
- gross, but i'm into it

lucky
- seriously she's just lucky
description

seriously though, if you're not expecting something GROUND BREAKING this was pretty fcking good. i'm interested to see where things go.

************************
tbh this is the most excited i've been for a book in a VERY long time. i'm ready to both love & hate it (be prepared for way too many updates whoops)

buddy read with ☄️nova

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling Kingdoms.

February 27, 2018 – Shelved
February 27, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
April 17, 2018 – Started Reading
April 17, 2018 –
page 6
1.46% "only through the prologue & we've already got sororicide, i'm HERE for it

description"
April 19, 2018 –
30.0% "description

i'm JONESING to write a bitchy comment about this book... but I actually like it???? what kinda injustice is this..."
April 20, 2018 –
page 139
33.74% "what does victoria have in common with all the female characters in this book? A BUNCH OF DAMN SECRETS

description"
April 21, 2018 –
page 271
65.78% "description

well... i just bought the second book in hardcover...."
April 21, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018
April 21, 2018 – Shelved as: fantasy
April 21, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)

Yusra  ✨ oh my god ur updates give me life, I’m ready

Nadhira Satria OH MY GOD

chandler ainsley ♕ Nadhira wrote: "OH MY GOD"

Yusra wrote: "oh my god ur updates give me life, I’m ready"

ur support means the world to me

message 4: by Helena (new) - added it

Helena Summers I'm waiting for my friend to get it so I can borrow it! Can't wait to see what you think about it

Jiana YES CHANDLER! I hope you love it. This series is one of my favs!

chandler ainsley ♕ Helena wrote: "I'm waiting for my friend to get it so I can borrow it! Can't wait to see what you think about it"

ooo hope we both end up liking it

chandler ainsley ♕ Jiana wrote: "YES CHANDLER! I hope you love it. This series is one of my favs!"

YAY! im soo excited

message 8: by Warda (new)

Warda I've been meaning to say this.. I love your name!! 😆 also can't wait for your updates on this. Has been on my TBR for the longest of time!

joanna ☽ the little brown fairy have fun!!

chandler ainsley ♕ Warda wrote: "I've been meaning to say this.. I love your name!! 😆 also can't wait for your updates on this. Has been on my TBR for the longest of time!"

wow THANK u!!!

message 11: by Wynne (new) - added it

Wynne Katherine Happy reading!

Lola hahah yeah! I really enjoyed it too. So many deaths lol

chandler ainsley ♕ Lola wrote: "hahah yeah! I really enjoyed it too. So many deaths lol"

YES! i really liked that rhodes didn't shy away from death or from war. like how many battles are there in the TOG series??? fucking none. we already have one in this book, amazing.

Yusra  ✨ STOP I LOVE THIS

Yusra  ✨ MANGA

chandler ainsley ♕ @yusra it was between that and mango

- ̗̀  jaelyn ̖́- ahhhh idk whether or not to read thissssss (ive heard it has incest in it and its ok?? is that true lmao)

Hannah I need motivation to read Crystal Storm, so maybe once you get there will you buddy read it with me?

chandler ainsley ♕ @jaelyn it’s not really incest because they’re not blood relatives and nothing is acted on... it didn’t bother me at all personally

chandler ainsley ♕ @hannah yes!!! totally down for that :)

- ̗̀  jaelyn ̖́- chandler ainsley [reads] wrote: "@jaelyn it’s not really incest because they’re not blood relatives and nothing is acted on... it didn’t bother me at all personally"

oh okay good bc some people really out here saying that they do some "hanky panky ;) ;) ;)" and get together.....if i wanted an incest relationship i wouldve just reread TMI (at least, the first 3 books lmao)

chandler ainsley ♕ - ̗̀ jaelyn ̖́- wrote: "chandler ainsley [reads] wrote: "@jaelyn it’s not really incest because they’re not blood relatives and nothing is acted on... it didn’t bother me at all personally"

oh okay good bc some people re..."

haha yeah i meannnnn they might bang later who knows. but they're not blood related and that's all that matters to me.

Teresa Faliq ☼ MUSTT READ THIS NOWW

- ̗̀  jaelyn ̖́- chandler ainsley [reads] wrote: "- ̗̀ jaelyn ̖́- wrote: "chandler ainsley [reads] wrote: "@jaelyn it’s not really incest because they’re not blood relatives and nothing is acted on... it didn’t bother me at all personally"

oh oka..."

yeah same :) no but seriously this series has so much hype surrounding it and tbh the only reason i wanna read it is magnus (is that his name ????) like hes so loved on gr

Nadhira Satria manga probably carries a big sword and a big ding-dong because why the fuck not

message 26: by el (new) - rated it 4 stars

el omggg you’ve made me wanna read this SO much. i’ll make sure to set my expectations to nothing groundbreaking n hopefully I’ll be ok