Hela's Reviews > Skin Puppet

Skin Puppet by Jeffery Craig

U 50x66

liked it

I really liked this book and the writing, but somme little things ticked me off, so it's only a 3 stars rating.
The autor leaves little clues through the book about the perpetrator(s) and they are given to the protagonists who happen to be detectives, you see them but they don't. Because it was exactly the same in the first two books, it irritated me. There are a lot of "Oh, there is something there that must be important, but..." Well, Melba is supposed to be an excellent detective, but she really forget a lot of stuff. There are a lot of people who could be asked some questions, but no. I don't know if I have seen too much cop movies, but I was always wondering why they didn't follow this and that lead and just waited out lamenting that they had no clues.
And then, BAM, when there is no more time, she sees something insignifiant and figures out everything. It's the same feeling than in the movies when the hero figure the bad guy's plot just in time to save the girl.
What I liked is that the author spared us too much of the day to day of the kidnapped childrens, I don't like reading about torture or abuse, so the amount of it was just right.
Well, the overall feeling of this book was that nobody got to the bottom of things, not about the investigation and not about the characters relationships. Like there were a lot of loose ends floating through the book, so even while reading the end I felt it was unfinished.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skin Puppet.

Finished Reading