Iris's Reviews > Stalking Jack the Ripper

Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco

bookshelves: 3-and-a-half-stars, dark-and-stabby, historical-fiction, murder, read-in-2018, romance

This book was really enjoyable to read! I loved all the banter and sass. I loved the characters.

Particularly, I loved Audrey Rose. She was such a refreshing character to read about. I loved the fact that, while she was interested in directing corpses and solving murders, she also liked to look pretty sometimes. She was pretty badass, but that didn't stop her from getting excited over a nice new dress, or the dazzling displays at the circus. This isn't something you see a lot of in YA fiction, and it's just a nice change.

The rest of the characters were awesome too. I loved how well developed and three dimensional they were.

Plus the mystery kept me on my toes. I mean, sure, I figured it out before any of the characters did, but it still took me most of the book. I spent last night tossing and turning, trying to guess who the murderer was. Because this book did a pretty darn good job of making you mistrust absolutely everybody.

It wasn't perfect by any means. It was a *tiny* bit predictable... At times I was a little bored... Not to mention it sort of grossed me out... (Murder? No problem. Medical stuff? Freaky.) And historical fiction just plain isn't my favourite anymore.

But over all? This book was pretty darn good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stalking Jack the Ripper.

February 26, 2018 – Shelved
February 26, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
April 10, 2018 – Started Reading
April 10, 2018 –
page 0
0.0% "Lets see if this lives up to the hype... I hope so!"
April 10, 2018 –
page 150
46.01% "This is surprisingly dark! I don't really know why this is so surprising... It is a murder mystery after all. I just wasn't expecting it to be quite this gory... Still, I'm really enjoying it!"
April 11, 2018 – Shelved as: 3-and-a-half-stars