Karla's Reviews > The Scrapbook of Frankie Pratt

The Scrapbook of Frankie Pratt by Caroline Preston

Nov 03, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, american, friendship, historical, new-york, new-england, paris

What a clever idea for a whimsical picture storybook! It felt as if I had discovered a hidden gem from my great-grandmother's scrapbook stored in the attic, full of vintage memorabilia, souvenirs and terminology from her days of graduating high school to discovering true love though honest trial and error of the roaring 1920's.
Frankie an adventuresome and fearless flapper, hit all the hot spots in history. Everywhere she went were historic discoveries starting from High school graduation, First jobs, train trips, Vassar College, New York, A trip across The Atlantic aboard a grand Cunard ship, Paris, fashion, food, dating and romance. Frankie had a real knack for scrap-booking, storytelling and a lust for life. This book is a keeper to flip though over and over and find something new each and every time. Had to give this one over to my Mom to enjoy, I know she will just get a kick out of it!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Scrapbook of Frankie Pratt.

November 3, 2011 – Started Reading