AvidReader's Reviews > Burning Wild

Burning Wild by Christine Feehan

32021365

liked it

** spoiler alert ** Somewhere between 2.5 ⭐️ to 3 ⭐️!

Hero feels a connection to injured heroine when she was recovering from a brutal tragedy. So he shamelessly manipulates her and make her come live with him and his son. He is OTT in every way.Because of his abused & loveless childhood he can’t even recognize his own emotions. So eventhough he feels strong attraction to her and is kind and friendly to her he make himself believe she is another one of his possession. But he is just bidding his time because ultimately he wants her love. This goes on for 2 years.
So i was clearly enjoying and was very invested in the story when this happened,

‘I’ve had women, sometimes twice in a day. A few times more, damn it. It doesn’t do any good. I’m still as hard as rock and feels meaner than ever.’

Yes.. there goes my interest,my money and my temper😡!
He clearly despised another women’s touch but still he did that. Many times. He wanted Heroine Emma. And I was like ‘dude who is stopping you?🤔’ and all the women he slept with, he referred them as sluts!
And then hero came to know one of the woman he slept with came to his house and yelled at Emma.
And,

Heroine: “I thought you were dating her. And sleeping with her.’
‘He allowed utter derision mixed with contempt to show in his eyes. “I dont date and I don’t sleep. She came to my office in town and blew me a couple of times. I fuc**d her, pure and simple, because I hurt like hell and wanted it to stop. She knew there was no strings and never would be....”

After this I only snapped at my son twice. And I still finished it.
No characters were memorable for me, just ok. But the action scenes were bomb! Thoroughly enjoyed that and the scene where Emma goes to a friendly date.
I dont know whether I have said this before but I’m going to stick to her carpathian series. I can’t stomach manwhore heros.
Recommended to all who don’t mind manho’s😉.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Burning Wild.

February 25, 2018 – Shelved