Marie Vasquez's Reviews > Start Me Up

Start Me Up by J. Kenner

bookshelves: arcs-reviewed

Overall: 4/5 stars
Naughty Factor: 3/5
POV: Dual/3rd person

So far, I think Mr. April is my #ManoftheMonth. I fell in love with Nolan from the start. He was funny and a bit raunchy with a kind heart and a sexy bod. His personality just spoke to my introvert self.

With Nolan and Shelby’s instant connection, they were a great example of opposites attract. For someone as prim and proper Shelby was, Nolan made it easy for her to let down many of her walls and sate her curiosity in and out of the sheets. But no matter how easy going everything was between them, her biggest hurdle was his radio show. How does someone as private as Shelby deal with having particulars of their relationship relayed for the city’s morning entertainment? That is what she has to figure out.

With Start Me Up, J. Kenner had me laughing with Nolan’s wildly funny morning show antics, swooning with his tender and sweet moments with Shelby and completely envious I wasn’t her.

Both characters were relatable, entertaining and their story provided me with complete enjoyment. For a quick read, it gave me everything I could have asked for...and more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Start Me Up.

February 25, 2018 – Started Reading
February 25, 2018 – Shelved
February 25, 2018 – Shelved as: arcs-reviewed
February 25, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Terrie's (new)

Terrie's Just Another Book B*tch Great review! Click click!

message 2: by KFForever (new)

KFForever Fab review!