Jessica Leigh (Bookishleigh)'s Reviews > Love and Other Words

Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren

This was really such a good book. Up to this point y only experiences with author(s) Christina Lauren was their 'Boss' series. Which was also very good, but definitely deeply the risqué end of the romance genre. This novel read totally differently and told a more serious and sweeter story their other work. Sometimes it can throw me off when an author writes a story totally different from their more typical style I didn't find that to be the case with this book at all. I was sucked in from the first page and devoured the book in its entirety in under 24 hours.

The books begins with an adult Macy Sorenson desperately trying to avoid a man sees in a local coffee shop. A man she hasn't seen in 11 years but also describes as the love of her life. Flashing back and forth between current day and an 15 year countdown from her summer before 8th grade and the years leading up to their 11 year break the novel addresses the importance people play in a life both with their presence and by leaving us. At it's heart this book tells the tale of a second chance romance but also tells a coming of age story of every kind of love, loss heartache and growing up. This book made me laugh and cry and I didn't want it to be over so quickly. I would absolutely recommend this book to others and look forward to catching up on the authors backlist.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love and Other Words.

February 25, 2018 – Started Reading