Madeline L's Reviews > Mutant Message Down Under

Mutant Message Down Under by Marlo Morgan

Nov 03, 2011

Read in November, 2011

Mutant Message Down Under, by Marlo Morgan is about a woman around the age of 50 who is from the United States. She was asked to travel down to Australia for what she thought was going to be a recognition for working with Aboriginals to get them back on their feet. In Australia she learns her very first lesson which was the releasing of attachment to objects and certain beliefs. This is only one of the countless amounts of lessons she learns from them. From there on, she lives and travels with a remote tribe of Aboriginals in the Australian outback. They live off of the land completely barefoot, and do a series of morning and celebration rituals everyday. She discovers a new way of life, and undergoes a dramatic personal transformation. For the four months that she is traveling with the tribe, she learns about Divine Oneness and gets a better understanding of the universe and all of it’s plans. The purpose of her living with the remote tribe of Aboriginals is to take the knowledge back to America and try to teach people to be more in touch with nature and to stop destroying the world, basically.
I enjoyed this book a lot. During the first couple of pages I didn’t think I liked the author’s writing style, but I started to enjoy it more and more as I got farther in the book. I knew that it was good because my cousin suggested it to me, and she reads all the best books. The people who weren’t the Aboriginals were considered the “Mutants” of the world. Everything that the Aboriginals said and did made perfect sense, and makes you question the actions and morals of the Mutants. This book makes you want to get more in touch with nature, and definitely made me crave the unknown world that the Aboriginal tribe in Australia lived, as if I wasn’t wishing that enough before.
I would rate this book a 5 out of 5, for all of the right reasons. It was well-written and to the point. It was an insanely easy book to get through, mainly because of how fantastic it was. In all honestly I think everyone should pick up this book and read it. Its a fairly short book, so even if you aren’t going to learn anything from it, you could still quickly read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mutant Message Down Under.