Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > The Limit of Desire

The Limit of Desire by Nico Rosso

Nov 03, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: sci-fi, books-read-2011
Read on November 03, 2011

This review was posted at Under The Covers

This is the third book in the Limit Wars series. I'm going in blind as I have not read the previous stories, however I was not totally lost. The author did a pretty good job at explaining the particulars of the world I found myself in as we went along without dragging on the story.

Who would've thought you could have a book so action-packed. It starts off from page 1 and doesn't stop pretty much until the end. Kinda like a good military action movie, but without "humans".

Even though the book centered around a main couple, and there was some relationship building, it was all weaved in through all the action of the Limit War. I found this a bit distracting at times. I wish they would've gotten a break at some point, as unrealistic as that would probably be in their situation. But you know how in books the couples always find time and a deserted place where they can get freaky during a battle? Well, that was missing here.

Captain Jessa Tok is a tough chick. She knows what she's doing, she's strong, she's had to be to get to where she is today. Sergeant Ryder Hiltop is part of her team, and the man she had an affair while on vacation. She's stayed away from him after returning to duty but now he's ready to make her face the feelings between each other. His plans get interrupted when they're attacked and Jessa is missing.

The one man rescue operation is successful but from there there's nothing but obstacles for them to overcome.

I liked both characters. I have to admit that as I was reading, everytime I read Jessa's pale blue skin description I had that song by Eiffel 65 stuck in my head (I'm Blue) so that has become the soundtrack to this story for me! Just enough romance but light on the steam and plenty action, it was a fun quick read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Limit of Desire.

11/03/2011