Wendy Darling's Reviews > Fifty Shades Freed

Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James

Nov 03, 2011

bookshelves: to-read, adult, 2012-publication

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Freed.

Stephenie Go read it now! These three books are just amazing and oh so naughty! My husband is very thankful for these books, though he doesn't know it. ;)

message 2: by SJ (new) - rated it 2 stars

SJ As a fan of your reviews, I'm mildly comforted that you've listed this as a to-read. I've read all 3 now, initially on curiosity, and then because once you start, the whole thing turns into a car wreck that you can't look away from no matter how badly you might know that you should. So thanks for legitimizing my reading for me by also being (presumably) curious. :)

Wendy Darling Hah hah, I just saw these comments. I'll read this at some point, Stephenie, I have to see how things end. ;)

And I am not a soapbox crusader about this kind of thing, SJ. When a book suddenly becomes popular/makes a lot of money/starts making the rounds, it's always going to get its share of detractors. And if you read it as straightforward fiction, it's really not very good. But I never took these all that seriously, you know? Erotica is tricky even without the BDSM, fanfiction element, and popularity factor.