Anzu The Great Destroyer's Reviews > Mockingjay

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Super-duper spoilers coming right up. If you wish to know my opinion and remain safe from the evil blood-thirsty spoilers then know this. I hated the second book. Mockingjay didn’t make me forgive Collins for ruining a perfectly good series either.

No, I don’t like Mockingjay. Yes, I’m happy the series ended here. No, I won’t read anything else Collins writes. Ever.

And now step into the spoiler-filled world of my review. Say hello to my bouncer Mr. Frizzles.

(view spoiler)

Now if you’ll excuse me I have a party to throw. The occasion: finishing this stupid series.

Zaijian!

What?
Bye
Oh what did you just say?
Zaijian is Chinese way of saying goodbye!
Oh bullshit!

[I swear to all that is sacred and non-smelly that this is the definition I found on urbandictionary.com for zaijian]

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mockingjay.

November 3, 2011 – Shelved
February 16, 2012 – Shelved as: ya-is-dead
February 16, 2012 – Shelved as: dystoteque
June 4, 2012 – Started Reading
June 5, 2012 –
55.0% "..."
June 6, 2012 –
100.0% "Finally! FINALLY!! Thank you sweet sugar puffs. Thank you for ending the torture!"
June 6, 2012 –
June 25, 2012 – Shelved as: i-am-disappoint
June 30, 2012 – Shelved as: post-apocalyptic
September 15, 2012 – Shelved as: well-arent-you-mister-popularity
September 19, 2012 – Shelved as: facepalm

Dija That's it! I'm moving to Antarctica, where you can't reach me no matter what.

message 2: by Anzu (new) - rated it 1 star

Anzu The Great Destroyer Antarctica? I have some spies friends there :p

Dija Sweetie, you must be confusing Antarctica for Australia. No spies of yours are in the former, I checked. :P

message 4: by Anzu (new) - rated it 1 star

Anzu The Great Destroyer Perfect! Just what I want you to think >:)

Dija *quivers in terror*

message 6: by Anzu (new) - rated it 1 star

Anzu The Great Destroyer Muahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Dija Oh, good heavens.

message 8: by Anzu (new) - rated it 1 star

Anzu The Great Destroyer Yeah, I have to read it. It's been too long and I'm calmer now so who knows, maybe I'll like it. O_O

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Ay, caramba! You're gonna need some of this. and and maybe this (for when you feel stabby). ;o)

message 10: by Anzu (new) - rated it 1 star

Anzu The Great Destroyer Maybe the knife but the rest no :p

Aly is so frigging bored LOL Anna! Such great ideas :))

message 12: by Anna (Bobs Her Hair) (last edited Jun 06, 2012 11:38AM) (new) - added it

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) *insert cheesy grin* I hope she doesn't need any of those items, but this is the way I felt at the end of the book. (view spoiler)

message 13: by Anzu (new) - rated it 1 star

Anzu The Great Destroyer Does that mean that you didn't like it? :p

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Something happened near the end of the book that had me seeing read. It left me feeling manipulated by the author, which is only my personal feeling so I elected not to rate Mockingjay. The book had felt like a 4 star read until it blew up, splattering excessive blood and gore on my face. A friend who buddy read it with me loved it and thought the ending perfect. : /

Keep reading. Then, share your thoughts. Your reviews are delightful! LOL :)

message 15: by Anzu (new) - rated it 1 star

Anzu The Great Destroyer Aww thanks! I'm actually done but I still need to write the review.

What happened that got you so upset? You can write it as a spoiler.

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) (view spoiler)

message 17: by Anzu (new) - rated it 1 star

Anzu The Great Destroyer Yep. Totally agree with it. She went too far just to make the book more memorable. I think it could have ended in a better manner but it wouldn't be good enough for Collins. It was all for a flashy show. As much pain ass possible equals more attention given to the book.

Lhara If it helps (not sure if it will, but maybe it will explain things), Collins never set out to write three books, it was only ever meant to be one. But it was her publishers that made her do so, so I almost feel like she had to clutch at straws and make it three books, hence the downward spiral. (That said, I honestly can't remember where I read about that. I'm sure it's fact and not a figment of my imagination!)

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Hi Mr. Frizzles!

I guess you really hated this book. Katniss committing suicide is a possible alternate ending. It would match the somber tone.

message 20: by Dija (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dija I was never here.

message 21: by Anzu (new) - rated it 1 star

Anzu The Great Destroyer @Lhara: Yes, that does explain everything. Thanks for the info. And I hate publishers :/

@Anna: We're not that lucky.

@Dee: Looool you kind of left some evidence behind :p

message 22: by blue (new) - rated it 3 stars

blue "I’ve reached a point where I don’t give a fuck about who lives, who dies, who Katniss ends up with, what Katniss does. I just wanted to finish the damn series and be done with it." This is exactly how I felt. And this "And yet I’m shocked by the shallow and incredibly abrupt way Collins ended the series. It felt too rushed and unsatisfying. She just gave up everything and went for Peeta because he was there. What about Gale? What about the other Districts? What about every other relevant thing in the series? " is very very very true. God, it just felt so EMPTY. The ending did. Fffff, Collins. I am not very happy with her. Or this series. I don't understand why it's so popular. Well, I do, but...still. I am not happy with it.

Zainab Aslam Such fine-tuned hatred. I like it.