Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede's Reviews > The Masterpiece

The Masterpiece by Fiona  Davis

bookshelves: read-2018

Oh wow listening to this book was such a great experience. THIS is just the kind of dual storyline book I love to read with two fascinating stories linked together by a painting. First, I just want to say that I got Beatriz Williams vibes while listening to this book. And I LOVE Beatriz Williams books, so that's a plus. Second, not setting one of the stories in the present time was fabulous. I have a deep love for both the 20s and the 70s and now I got them both.

THE MASTERPIECE is the very first book I have read by Fiona Davis and I'm very much eager to read the other books. I always loved books about artists and I loved getting to know more about Grand Central School of Art. I really liked Clara Darden who struggled to become an acknowledged artist. She had ambitions and really set out to achieve her dreams. Almost 50 years later is Virginia Clay drawn into the mystery of Clara Darden who disappeared in 1931. Virginia is newly divorced and has recently started to work in the information booth Grand Central. I loved reading about how this woman, who recently had some medical problem, a bastard of an ex and a daughter who causes her problem, finds a painting that will unravel lots of secrets.

Writing the review for THE MASTERPIECE makes me definitely eager to read more of Fiona Davis books. Luckily I have some to read. Also, Cassandra Campbell, the narrator did an excellent job! She has that kind of that makes me pick book after what she has narrated. So, I definitely recommend listening to this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Masterpiece.

February 23, 2018 – Shelved
February 23, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
February 23, 2018 – Shelved as: want-to-read-2018
March 6, 2018 – Shelved as: arcs
October 22, 2018 – Started Reading
October 23, 2018 –
October 23, 2018 – Finished Reading
October 28, 2018 – Shelved as: read-2018

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Holly (new) - added it

Holly  B I need to read this one. Great review!

Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede Holly wrote: "I need to read this one. Great review!"

Thank you! :D