Jini's Reviews > Dead and Dateless

Dead and Dateless by Kimberly Raye

Okay, so Lil is growing on me. I'm still not crazy about the vampire rules of these books, but it's still a pretty decent read. My quibbles with this one were minor:

1. The story is about Lil being framed for murder. Hardly any part of the book is her actually looking for the murderer. And it's wrapped up a little too quickly. But the first book did that, too.

2. This is a bigger quibble. When Lil heads to a New York Knicks game to pass out business cards, she says they're playing the Orlando Heat. Um...no. Sweetie, you're mixing your Florida basketball teams. It's the Orlando MAGIC or the MIAMI Heat. Smacks of sloppy editing in my book.

Now this is just a musing on my part, but I got to thinking about how we change as we get older. I mean, face it, I'm certainly not the same person I was 20 years ago. (Heck, I'm not the same person I was three months ago, since Jack showed up.) What kind of changes does a 500 year old vampire go through? As of right now, she's sort of a cross between a rich-bitch/valley girl/female Chandler from "Friends". She doesn't age, so what was she like in 1950? 1880? 1730?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead and Dateless.

May 27, 2008 – Shelved