Angela's Reviews > Embrace

Embrace by Jessica Shirvington

Nov 02, 2011

bookshelves: books-i-really-like

I first picked up the book, started reading it and thought: ugh, is it one of those annoying love triangles that are pointless again? But As I forced myself to keep reading (because all my friends loved this book), I started to actually get into the story. The more I read, the more I can connect and feel the emotions of the characters. Of course, some of the "love triangle" and characters' internal struggles are still little pointless, thus the 4-star, not quite 5-star enough for me. But it was a good read, the author described the emotions very well, some descriptions are so strong that they "leaked" through to the reader (as the author had put it :P). The plot was innovative, finally something different about angels! Hurray, there are bad angels in the world, well exiles anyway... haha~

I'm looking forward to read the next book, if it can continue with a imaginative and original story line, improve a the writing just with a bit more intense volcabulary, it would be a great book to read.

Oh, and by the way, thanks to Shirley who lent Embrace to me to read :D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Embrace.

November 2, 2011 – Shelved
page 356
February 12, 2012 – Shelved as: books-i-really-like
February 12, 2012 – Finished Reading

Shirley No probs :)

message 2: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Bad angels aren't new, I don't think. Cynthia Hand had them in Unearthly.

Angela Oh real? I haven't read Unearthly so yea... :P This is the first book I read that had bad angels in it. Is Unearthly good?

Shirley Unearthly is alright but this book is better in my opinion

message 5: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Angela wrote: "Oh real? I haven't read Unearthly so yea... :P This is the first book I read that had bad angels in it. Is Unearthly good?"

Unearthly is really good!

Angela Alrighty, its on my to-read list :)

Angela Oh and btw, Embrace came out first :P I just checked haha~

message 8: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Oh, really? XD Okay then!