Colin. Macmaster's Reviews > Fear

Fear by Michael  Grant

U 50x66
Nov 02, 2011

bookshelves: to-read, get-the-bloody-book-out-as-soon-as

One comment, real quick, in regards to Diana's baby.
I've got a theory, and it's been rattling around my head ever since I put two and two together, if you'll pardon the pun, Diana's child is a two-bar as a day old embryo, for examples of two bars, look no further than Computer Jack, or Duck Zhang, for that matter. They both have pretty powerful gifts, so say Diana's baby's powers grow, what then? Little Pete has been indirectly marked as an eight bar, if he created the Fayz, who's to say Diana's kid won't destroy it? (The barrier, that is.)

I mean, if Im correct, and the baby's powers continue to grow, and I have a feeling in my gut that they will, who's to say that it won't be a universal manipulator, like Petey?
Anyways, that's just what happens when I start theorizing about things when I get bored in school, and I'm just spitballing here, so I could be completely wrong, yet I get the feeling that I'm not. But if I am correct, the child of Caine and Diana will bring about the end of the Fayz.

Also, this just crossed my mind, but the baby would have a lot of Sam's genes too, since he is Caines twin, it's simple math, as shown here in a formula of my own divising:

Sam (4 bar)
Caine (4 bar)
Diana. (2 bars)
=
X Factor Baby (10 bars)

So by my calculations, which are by now off in the realm of quantum-freaking-physics, The baby will be equivalent to, if not more powerful than, Little Pete Ellison.
There, people, is my wonderful theory.

(P.S: Michael Grant, If you are reading this, please drop a comment and tell me if I'm at least somewhere in the ballbark, or anyone who has read FEAR, please, I'm freaking out, I cannot wait until April!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fear.

Airaology i like your theory a lot !

message 2: by Becca (new) - added it

Becca i like your theory a lot. i mean, if they develop powers over time and the powers get stronger and stronger... it's not even technically alive yet and it's already a two-bar! it could easily go up as the powers develop. i don't think it would be a ten bar... but it would be pretty dang powerful

Colin. Macmaster Good point, I guess I should review, maybe not a ten, since it wouldn't get /all/ of Sam's rating, since he had no direct influence in the conception of the baby, and pete was only an eight bar, so I guess the eight tO nine range might be more appropriate upon review.

Keena My guess is it would only have 6 by your math. Because Sam wasn't part of the conception. Sam and Caine have the same bars, because they're twins. Now, if they're identical twins they'd basically have the same DNA anyways, but I'm pretty sure they're fraternal. But overall, I really like that theory and I wouldn't be surprised at all if that happened. They'll probably use this book to have the kid grow up enough or something and have the Fayz destroyed in the next book after Fear

Colin. Macmaster Amen.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I heard in fear that everyones powers start growing at an extremely fast rate so maybe itll end up like a 20 bar!

message 8: by Eman (new)

Eman Huh, good perspective

message 9: by Noemi (new)

Noemi I started to think that maybe Petey is going to be reborn from Diana's baby because he disappeared at the end of the 4th book. But your theory sounds better.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Noemi wrote: "I started to think that maybe Petey is going to be reborn from Diana's baby because he disappeared at the end of the 4th book. But your theory sounds better."

I've read the first 10 chapters of Fear and from all of that, I got that theory too

Shannon Of course it'll be extremely powerful, the baby is the gaiaphage.