Sana's Reviews > Saga, Vol. 7

Saga, Vol. 7 by Brian K. Vaughan

bookshelves: 10-10-would-recommend, a-love-like-this, aliens-really-got-it, batshit-crazy, bloodied-the-fuck-up, blowing-shit-up, characters-who-are-everything-to-me, comic-volumes, comic-zoned, disaster-the-opposite-of-aster, disturbing-ending, entrails-and-other-gross-things, family-of-fuck-ups, galaxy-spanning-epics, girls-make-everything-better, holy-fucking-violence, lady-bosses-in-charge, let-me-give-you-a-hug-or-a-100, lgbtqiap-plus-characters, murder-is-terribly-exhausting, my-kind-of-asshole, no-romance-no-problem, on-crack, otp-slays-together-stays-together, queerly-beloved, read-in-2018, rep-re-sent, salt-squad, setting-goals, space-building-goals, space-trip, such-despicable-characters, team-up-or-die, teary-feelsplosion, the-good-kind-of-angry, the-magic-in-this, these-family-dynamics, too-hot-headed-for-caution, what-a-mindfuck, why-is-everyone-so-mean

'Lady does it look like I give a shit what anybody's got going on below the waist?'

WHAT A HAUNTING WAY TO END THE VOLUME?!?! STOP THE WRECKAGE ON MY FEELS. FUCK.

Also, this line is by far my favorite from the entire series: 'The only action that has vaster repercussions for the universe than making a life is TAKING one...which is why I'll never understand why most people put so little foresight into doing either.' I JUST—WOW.

THE DOOM PROPHET STRIKES AGAIN. I'm honestly living for Sir Robot's lines re: 'Splendid, I'll be cheering for your demise right here'. His struggles with masturbation were downright hilarious. Also, when Izabel guessed that all he does in his room is jerk off and was proved right. 😂 Oh and when Hazel and Kurti watched him sleep ahahaha. Honestly, he's so fucked in the head and that's without any drugs wrecking havoc in his nervous system. I LOVELOVELOVE IT.

HOLY FUCKING MARKO. I have such a love-hate relationship with him and his constant struggle with pacifism when it's pretty much impossible seeing how the whole freaking galaxy is at war. But then that panel where he got all trigger-happy gave me absolute chills. Meanwhile, Alana is back to being a badass and I'm a fan. Her cut-the-bullshit attitude is everything.

Gotta appreciate how ingrained racism is in this world, though. It really comes out of nowhere and shocks you into reality about just how dire everything is. Petrichor is pretty much an epitome of it in that (view spoiler). There's a long, long way to go before things can even be thought of being improved which I appreciate since it just goes to show the huge scope of racism.

GWENDOLYNNNN. AND VELOUR. OH MY GOD, JUST THE KIND OF A PLEASANT SURPRISE THAT I NEEDED. AND NOW I TOTALLY NEED TO SEE THEM BE TOGETHER. ALSO, SOPHIE MY FAVE AWW. That reminds me... yeah, so The Will seems to have sadly regressed too badly to ever be considered relevant again. I guess he's supposed to be this big anti-hero but I just think he's lost his way permanently. I'm glad that the Freelancers keep on coming, though and are much more ruthless than the ones before. So naturally, The Mark was such a great addition.

The only thing that almost bothered me is how the comic went all 'blind faith will kill you.' I'm not a fan of religious zealots but that just seemed harsh and unnecessary. That is, up until the fact that war destroys everything including the natural order of the world. That messed me up a bit, TBH.

Favorite quotes: Don't tell me my bedtime stories gave her nightmares again.'

'God is a joke. And this is her punchline.'

'If you're looking to spill your guts about something, your body's way ahead of you.'

'Most of us think we can hide our weaknesses from the world, and sometimes, we're right. But only if we're very, very strong.'

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saga, Vol. 7.

February 21, 2018 – Shelved