Minx's Reviews > The Leak of Madness

The Leak of Madness by Alice J. Black

bookshelves: read-in-2018, publisher-arc, horror, paranormal

Well damn if that wasn’t just eighty-two pages of awesomeness! Wow, I loved reading The Leak of Madness! Right from the start of this novella I was all in. Peyton’s character is an alcoholic and she knows it but she is unwilling to change anything. She fears what will happen to her if she is sober far more than what damage she is inflicting on herself. She may not like who she has become and her memories only make living more painful for her but that is a better alternative for her than what she knows is waiting for her on the other side.

When Peyton was younger she realized that she could hear voices, and not just any voices, but voices from the dead. She quickly found a remedy for her predicament and she has been gleefully adhering to her solution for many years. It was not until she was coerced into attending a wedding with her best friend that she was put to the test. She would come face to face with her abilities in the most horrifying way and she would be faced with making choices that up until now she was too fearful to make.

The writing for The Leak of Madness was just riveting. I loved how the story opened up, it gave me a creep out from the start. I hated to see how messed up Peyton was and I am not a fan of her supposed best friend but it did paint a picture that was expressive and tragic. As the story continued I became more disgusted with Peyton’s behavior and as equally intrigued as the side of her she tried so hard to dampen came tumbling out. Loved that! Then, oh man, the creepiness of what took place next, sooo good! I am looking forward to the next novella in this series and I am hoping for some positive character development for Peyton.

This review is based on a complimentary book I received from Parliament House Press. It is an honest and voluntary review. The complimentary receipt of it in no way affected my review or rating.

Find this review and more at The Genre Minx Book Reviews

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Leak of Madness.

February 21, 2018 – Shelved