Bingeworthy Book Blog's Reviews > The Book of Secrets

The Book of Secrets by Melissa McShane

it was ok
bookshelves: reviewed

Reading a book by a new to you author is always a learning experience: sometimes, you'll learn that the author writes really well and captivates your attention and can quite easily take you on an emotional journey - those are the truly great reading experiences.

More often than not, you'll find books that teach you what you don't like or authors whose works you don't want to read because their style just doesn't appeal to you.

In the case of The Book of Secrets by Melissa McShane that I was lucky enough to receive an arc from Netgalley of, I learned that the story just wasn't my cup of tea.

Don't get me wrong, the book is very well written and I was initially quite intrigued in the beginning.
I'd read the blurb of the book and the basic concept of the story captured my attention, enough so that I wanted to know more, I wanted to read the story.

The story started off very well and completely held my attention but midway through chapter 5, it just lost me.

There is quite a bit of theology in the book and explanations that just didn't sit well with me. I found myself unable to continue reading the book. I was no longer interested in knowing what became of the characters.

Personally, this book just lost me along the way.

Others, however, may very well enjoy this book.

I will say that the premise of the story is one that I have not come across before.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Secrets.

Started Reading