Bingeworthy Book Blog's Reviews > Approaching the Bench

Approaching the Bench by Chantal Fernando

bookshelves: reviewed

Admittedly, I'm not a fan of 'cougar' stories - the older woman/younger man trove. Personally, it's just not my cup of tea.

However, when the author is someone whose previous works I've enjoyed immensely such as Chantal Fernando, then I at least have to give the book a try and I'm glad that I did.

I truly enjoyed this novella that expands the Conflict of Interest world and focuses on the characters of Callum, a recent graduate and former worker of Bentley and Channing Law Firm who is now working as a law clerk for Judge Trinity Williams, a woman whose fierce, cold demeanor has earned her the nickname of Medusa.

Trinity and Callum made cameo appearances in Seducing the Defendant and I relished this chance of learning more about their characters.

I was surprised and intrigued by the depth and layers Callum and Trinity and have immense respect for the strength of Trinity's determination to excel in her chosen career.

This book has romance, chemistry, adventure and mystery and it's a story I will definitely be re-reading more than once.

The secondary cast members featured in this story, such as Alyssa and Dina and Eddie and Justin, kind of have me hoping that somewhere down the track these characters can find their own HEA. I for one, would definitely be eager to read those stories.

Highly recommended.

Thanks to Give Me Books and the author for providing me with an arc of this book.

If you're interested in connecting with me. Find me at:
Bingeworthy Book Blog
On Facebook
On Twitter
On Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Approaching the Bench.

Started Reading