Kala's Reviews > Clockwork Princess

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

6551949
Nov 02, 2011

I loved this book until the last part of the epilogue. Spoilers for that near the end.

Clockwork Princess was everything I wanted it to be and turned out to be the nearly perfect conclusion to this series - a series I love more than Clare's original Shadowhunter books (The Mortal Instruments). While there didn't seem to be as much Tessa as I expected in the first 60%, we got to spend a lot of time with other characters and I found that I didn't mind. I was curious to see where everything was headed and Clare did manage to surprise me a few times.

We start off Clockwork Princess a few months after Clockwork Prince has ended. Mortmain has been fairly silent, and the Shadowhunter team at the London Institute finds they have to deal with another (slightly) unexpected enemy while gaining a new (also slightly unexpected) ally.

The romance between Gideon and Sophie continues to grow, and I found it adorable. The scones!

We also get to know Will's sister, Cecily, who surprised us at the end of Clockwork Prince by showing up at the Institute to train to be a Shadowhunter. At first, I admit, I was a little bored of Cecily. I didn't think she added much to the story and I struggled not to skim through her parts. Eventually she grew on me and I was pleased to discover her part in the family tree.

**SPOILERS AFTER HERE - like MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR spoilers**

** DO NOT READ PAST HERE UNLESS YOU HAVE FINISHED THE BOOK!!!**

**MAJOR PLOT SPOILERS BELOW!!**

(view spoiler)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Princess.

November 2, 2011 – Shelved
Started Reading
March 1, 2013 – Finished Reading
March 19, 2013 –
page 125
21.93% "*twitch* I'm reading this and the entire time I am petrified of what's going to happen in the end."
March 19, 2013 –
page 286
50.18% "I have to admit I'm hooked. MUST KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!"