Mindy Lou's Book Review's Reviews > Close to the Edge

Close to the Edge by Dawn Ryder

bookshelves: 2018, action, dnf

I did not finish this book at 35%. This has several issues for me as a reader. This book seemed to skip over the beginning. I don’t know where Jenna came from and how she ended up as Dare’s witness. I did only read the previous two books in the series but there is no mention of Jenna in those. Admittedly I can usually jump into the middle of a series and adjust, but add in the fact that I can’t stand Dares treatment of Jenna means I won’t like this book if I continue. I do not like a hero treating the heroine badly, especially if he is doing it to keep her at arms length. I just don’t have the tolerance for it today. This one isn’t for me. AR provided by NetGalley.

***I just learned there is an issue with formatting on the arcs and chapter one is at the end of the book. Doesn’t change the fact that I’m ticked with Dare’s asshole behavior to Jenna so I’m leaving this unfinished.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Close to the Edge.

February 20, 2018 – Started Reading
February 20, 2018 – Shelved
February 20, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018
February 20, 2018 – Shelved as: action
February 20, 2018 – Shelved as: dnf
February 20, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

message 1: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Bummer sweets, on to the next ;) xoxo

Mindy Lou's Book Review Thanks, Wendy! :)

message 3: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Lesar I think that is a really important factor you bought up there Mindy and if you didn’t get the answer by 35%, it was the right decision to move onto another book. x

Mindy Lou's Book Review Lorraine wrote: "I think that is a really important factor you bought up there Mindy and if you didn’t get the answer by 35%, it was the right decision to move onto another book. x"

Thanks Lorraine! :)

message 5: by Carvanz (new)

Carvanz Sorry that even with the formatting issue solved this one still didn't work for you.

Mindy Lou's Book Review Carvanz wrote: "Sorry that even with the formatting issue solved this one still didn't work for you."

Thanks Carla! I’m over the whole H being crappy to the h trope. How is that romance?

message 7: by Carvanz (new)

Carvanz It's not! At all!

~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader Sorry it was a bust, hun!

Mindy Lou's Book Review ~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader wrote: "Sorry it was a bust, hun!"

Thanks, Anna!

message 10: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Lesar 😁😁