Jennifer's Reviews > The Perfect Mother

The Perfect Mother by Aimee Molloy

39972057

A fast paced thriller that also shines a light on the scrutiny and competition many women face when they become mothers. In today’s world where the common myth — women can have it all — rings falsely in our ears, a group of women bond over all giving birth in the same month (May). As their friendships grow — all nurtured over tales of birth stories, formula or breastfeeding, stay at home or back to work and more — their lives are shattered after a rare moms night out. One of their babies goes missing and suddenly everything this group of moms have done (including going out for a night) comes under scrutiny. In this world where we capture everything in 10 second snippets to share on social media, The Perfect Mother is a fabulous look at the intense pressure women and moms feel and also how quickly we judge each others for decisions they make without knowing all the facts.

At the heart of The Perfect Mother are this group of women who support each other even as their worlds are falling down. The twists and turns in this book where numerous and I definitely did not see the end coming.

Aimee Molloy makes you think — what really makes a Mother perfect? And what is our definition of perfection?

I highly recommend this book and think it would make an excellent book club read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perfect Mother.

February 19, 2018 – Shelved
February 19, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
February 22, 2018 – Started Reading
February 24, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Deanna Great review!