Nadwa's Reviews > The First Kiss of Spring

The First Kiss of Spring by Emily March

[I received a free advance review copy by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review]
God bless good small-town romance contemporaries. This book had me on a roller coaster of emotions from the very first chapter. It's my first Emily March read, and for heaven's sake, I'd read anything she'd write if it's half as good as The First Kiss of Spring.
The chemistry between Caitlin and Josh was obvious from their first encounter. The fact that Josh owns a crippled dog called Penny for whom he's made a friggin wheelchair did crazy things to my heart. Caitlin somehow knew, after that weekend they spent together, that Josh was the one for her. And although that sounded crazy, it totally wasn't. The chemistry that Mrs March portrayed in the book was clear as day, I couldn't help but ship those two from the moment they met.
So Caitlin basically decides to turn her whole like upside down in order to build a life for herself that allows her to pursue the guy she has set her sights on. As crazy and creepy as that might sound, I found that totally influencing and honestly? it was unconventional in a very feminist-friendly way. I high-five you Caitlin Timberlake. You rock, girl.
So Caitlin moves back into Eternity Springs, leaving her mother's dream job of textile designing behind in NYC. She tries to build her relationship with Josh, but he's pretty closed off and what they eventually agree on is a, and I quote, "a friend affair". Of course, being in a small town requires hiding said affair and sneaking around, which I admit was fun and sexy as hell. But eventually, a series of events puts Josh and Caitlin's relationship through hell.
I loved the town's fairy Godmother, aka Celeste, Harriet, Brick and Lili, Chase and Lori, Mac and Ali. The familial vibe Eternity Springs gives off reminds me why I love small town contemporaries so much.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The First Kiss of Spring.

February 19, 2018 – Started Reading