Pat Dougherty's Reviews > Mockingjay

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

U 50x66
Nov 02, 2011

I am not even 100 pages through on Mockingjay and i already love the plot of it. Disctrict 13 is forming and alliance against the Capitol. Its going to be a very good read. I love the Suzanne Collins books. She keeps you reading from page 1. I find myself wanting to read write now when im typing this review. I look foward to keep reading the third book of The Hunger Games series.

So when Peeta gets back to District 13 im expecting a loong chapter of him and Katniss kissing and hugging but no. Peeta is not himself anymore. The Capitol has changed him, brainwashed him into thinking that Katniss is the devil. He believes that She is at fault for all the Uprises, which when it comes down to it shes has the biggest impact on the people of Panem. I am excited to keep reading into The Mockingjay. To see if Peeta will ever be himself again.

The ending of this book is so crazy. I never expected this to happen! Prim dead! Katniss crazy and out for blood on president snow. I was really confused at the end of chapter 25 when Katniss is on the flagpole and she sees prim right before the parachutes explode resulting in Prims death and Katniss was ignited in flame and was hospitalized in the capitol since that was the downfall. I had to go back and read it over and over because it doesnt directly say that it was Prim in the fenced off government area where all the kids were. This was a great read and im planning on finishing the book today.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mockingjay.