Melania 🍒's Reviews > Catch-22

Catch-22 by Joseph Heller

bookshelves: favourite-books-x1f451

4,15/5

Catch-22 stretches some limitations that are so normative in books ,that I couldn’t help but love it for that. One of the more common critique for this book was the way the timeline was build. That wasn’t really a problem for me, finding the jumps in time relatively easy to follow .More important, I don’t believe that having a perfect time-setting for every scene was of a great importance . The humor was fantastic and my only true problem was that in the middle, the story dragged a bit ;some 80 pages may be some extra weight .

Other than that, I think the reader needs to dive into this leaving some pre-existing knowledge of how the world works or what’s logical and what’s not, even what’s good and evil , at the door. Working with the book’s new rules of logic , bureaucracy, levels of authority , capitalism , sexuality , will help you understand it and its characters better in what it seems to be a word of absurdity.

I will re-read this soon ,since I’m certain that I’ll discover new ideas to think of, new situations to laugh at ,new tragedies to contemplate.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catch-22.

February 18, 2018 – Started Reading (Paperback Edition)
February 18, 2018 – Shelved
February 18, 2018 –
10.0% "10% in and I’m enjoying this so much"
February 19, 2018 – Started Reading