Christian's Reviews > The December Protocol

The December Protocol by Devin Hanson

Read 2 times

Within a colony on Mars, a thriving criminal enterprise revolves around girls who are kidnapped and killed for the contents of their ovaries. The precious eggs are highly sought after, being vital to a medical procedure already outlawed on Earth, but on Mars it's quietly tolerated in the young and fragile economy. The procedure prolongs human life by thousands of years. A black market emerges on Mars, happy to supply the increasing demand for neverending youth and everlasting health. After two girls vanish from their school field trip, a detective that operates outside the law suspects they've been kidnapped. He vows to find them before their ovaries can be removed and their bodies discarded like trash.

December Protocol is one of the best sci-fi novels I've heard in a while. It's thought-provoking at its very least. I enjoyed pondering potential consequences of the immortality scenario deftly described by the author. I am once again blown away by veteran narrator, Rhett Samuel Price. His fantastic performances showcase a professional quality and experience that consistently enhance the author's story. Very well done overall, and highly recommended for scifi, biotech, detective, and crime fans.

I was voluntarily provided this review copy audiobook at no charge. This review is unbiased and the opinions expressed herein are 100% my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The December Protocol.

Finished Reading
January 27, 2018 – Started Reading (Kindle Edition)
January 27, 2018 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
February 9, 2018 – Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)
February 18, 2018 – Shelved