Teresa's Reviews > Ghost Wolf

ISBN: 978-1-946379-66-5
Buy Link:  Rhett C. Bruno
Reviewer: Teresa Fallen Angel
Blurb:
Hi, my name is Trevor. I’m a wolf shifter.

I say that like I know what I’m talking about. I don’t. I was simply running off a ton of steam one day when I was around eleven and bam! Okay, not quite that easy or fast but it happened when I was young and stupid. I’m also gay. I say that like I know what I’m talking about with that too. I simply don’t.

I’m grown up now and living in the big city which has me too busy to much care about either one of those things. I get out and run my wolf when I can, trying like hell to stay out of the local pack’s territories. Belonging to a “family” just sounds like too much work, and honestly I don’t have time for such things. Besides, I was told when I was young the color of my wolf was all wrong. Too silver...or something. Metallic. I kinda thought it looked cool in the full moon. “Pack Alpha would kill ya soon as look at ya.” My grandpa used to say. Course he wasn't my real grandpa. Just an old man who lived down the street, but he was a shifter too and I thought he knew it all. He probably knew diddly either, but a guy can’t be too careful. And romance? Wayoff the radar.

Only now someone has started killing wolves. Started leaving broken bodies lined up in a nice little row next to the high school in my home town and it's got me to thinking. If a shifter is killed in his or her wolf state, do they stay that way? Were these dead wolves like me? The hell of it all is this: being a shifter isn't common knowledge. It bothers me enough that now I want to find out more. See if there's anything I can do. Kind of like a super hero.

Oh yeah. Probably forgot to tell you this too. I can turn invisible.

Yep, Ghost Wolf to the rescue.

Total Score: 5/5

Summary:
Trevor's life changed in a blink of an eye at eleven when he changed into a wolf. He had no idea what was happening until a neighbor, who he called Grandpa, taught him what he needed to know. That knowledge gave kept him safe and alive, that is until he moved to the city and everything changed. Now Trevor wasn't your usual wolf, he called himself a Ghost Wolf because with the help of a special ring from Grandpa he could disappear. Grandpa told him that his wolf color was all wrong and it could get him killed of he encountered an alpha. Between school bullies and magic rings Trevor had his hands full making him put aside the mysterious rings for a time, but magic can never be forgotten for too long.

After moving away for college stranger things begin to happen. In Trevor's hometown wolves are being killed and left out in front of his school making him wonder what was going on. Between school and his detested job at Kinsalla Trevor has his hands full trying to make ends meet until the day he met his office mates a club. Trevor saw the most gorgeous man, Ryan, ever, that is until he realized he was with a woman. Their attraction was mutual, but love in never easy leaving the two to struggle with their growing feels towards each while fending off the Wolf council, Ryan's ex who is determined to get her man back, trying to find missing pack members, and Trevor's difficulties dealing with pack rules after living the life of a lone wolf.

This book was an incredible journey as Trevor entered a world he never expected finding the love and acceptance he never had if he is willing to take a chance. This was a fast paced intricate story that took on a life of its won with characters who quickly took control as the book unfolded. Many authors would have broken this into more than one story, but I loved that it continued giving the reader closure while possibly opening the possibility that their stories were not yet over.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ghost Wolf.

Finished Reading