Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader's Reviews > The Ever After

The Ever After by Sarah Pekkanen

bookshelves: 2018-reads, arcs, kindle-version, super-excited-about

4 dramatic stars to The Ever After! ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Sarah Pekkanen is back with the domestic drama, The Ever After. Inspired by a conversation Pekkanen overheard in a coffee shop, The Ever After has the ring of truth throughout, almost as if it is a journalistic study into one woman’s deeply personal experience with a wayward spouse.

Josie and Frank Moore appear to have it all. A Siena van with two adorable young daughters, living life in the Chicago suburbs.

Frank is a devoted, loving father and husband and the envy of Josie’s friends, until one day, Josie borrows his phone and an email pops up. From another woman. There is no denying it. Frank is cheating.

From the start, Frank minimizes the relationship. It was just emails. Then, when pushed harder, only kissing. But Josie will not stop until she uncovers what really happened between her husband and his mistress.

Sarah Pekkanen’s books have a human quality that endears me to them. Josie’s relatable story really could be anyone’s. As Pekkanen points out in her letter to the reader, one in three marriages experience cheating. We all probably know someone affected if we have not been directly impacted ourselves.

I longed for Josie to have a happy ending. She is a strong character, a strong woman, a strong mom, and I was captivated by her story that was brilliantly, dramatically, and sensitively told.

Thank you to Sarah Pekkanen, Atria Books, and Netgalley for the ARC. The Ever After will be published on June 5, 2018.

My reviews can also be found on my blog: www.jennifertarheelreader.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ever After.

February 17, 2018 – Shelved
February 17, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
March 5, 2018 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
March 5, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)
May 2, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read-owned-books
May 2, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-reads
May 2, 2018 – Shelved as: arcs
May 2, 2018 – Shelved as: kindle-version
May 2, 2018 – Shelved as: super-excited-about
May 26, 2018 – Started Reading
June 4, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)

Susanne  Strong Looking forward to your thoughts on this one Jennifer!!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Thanks, Suze! It’s one I’ve really been looking forward to! 🤞

Kaceey Terrific review Jennifer! This one is coming up for me!🤗💞

message 4: by Angela M (new)

Angela M Fantastic review, Jennifer. Wow - sounds like it could be the lives of people we might know .

message 5: by Diane (new)

Diane Wallace Great review, Jennifer!

message 6: by Jen (new)

Jen Nice review - love this cover too

message 7: by KAS (new)

KAS Lovely review, Jennifer! Glad you enjoyed the drama ;) 😘

Babydimps (Suzy) Great review Jennifer! Glad you enjoyed! 😊

Susanne  Strong Fabulous review Jennifer! Glad you liked this one! :)

message 10: by Bookish Ally (new)

Bookish Ally I really love your reviews Jennifer, am considering putting this on the to read list!!

message 11: by Maureen (new)

Maureen You're reading some great books Jennifer, fab review😄

message 12: by Kendall (new)

Kendall Excellent review Jennifer! Glad you enjoyed!!

Jaline - (on 2/3 hiatus) Terrific review, Jennifer!

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Fantastic review Jennifer! 💜💙

message 15: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Amazing review, Jennifer! Glad it was a good read! xoxo

message 16: by Marialyce (new)

Marialyce As always a great review!

Norma * Traveling Sister Glad to see you enjoyed it Jennifer and excellent review!

message 18: by Linda (new)

Linda Lovely review, Jennifer! :)

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Wonderful review ❤️

Meredith Glad you enjoyed this more than I did. Great review!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Kaceey - Traveling Sister wrote: "Terrific review Jennifer! This one is coming up for me!🤗💞"

Thanks, Kaceey! I hope you enjoy it too! 💗

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Angela M wrote: "Fantastic review, Jennifer. Wow - sounds like it could be the lives of people we might know ."

Thanks, Angela! It definitely felt like that to me. Like a friend could have written it.

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Diane wrote: "Great review, Jennifer!"

Thanks, Diane!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Jen wrote: "Nice review - love this cover too"

Thanks, Jen! I do, too! The blue!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader KAS wrote: "Lovely review, Jennifer! Glad you enjoyed the drama ;) 😘"

Thanks so much, KAS! xo 😘

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Babydimps (Suzy) wrote: "Great review Jennifer! Glad you enjoyed! 😊"

Thanks so much, Suzy! 💕

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Susanne wrote: "Fabulous review Jennifer! Glad you liked this one! :)"

Thanks, Suze! I loved your review as well! Xo

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Bookish Ally wrote: "I really love your reviews Jennifer, am considering putting this on the to read list!!"

Thanks, Ally! You are always so supportive! I love your reviews, too. You are a much better writer than me!

message 29: by Antoinette (new)

Antoinette Great review, Jennifer. You make it sound so enticing.

message 30: by Julie (new) - added it

Julie Looking forward to this one. Terrific review, Jennifer!! 😊

message 31: by Deanna (new) - added it

Deanna Fantastic review, Jennifer!

message 32: by Elaine (new)

Elaine Nice review. But if your stats are true I should spend my time on my husband rather than reading the book. Otherwise I'll end up one of those 1 in 3 cheating folks you referred to! Thanks for the review!

message 33: by Glenda (new)

Glenda Great review Jennifer. Will I live long enough to read all the books on my list? This one is being added.

message 34: by Carol (new)

Carol Creative review. That mattress made me smile.

message 35: by Cheri (new)

Cheri Fantastic review, Jennifer!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Maureen wrote: "You're reading some great books Jennifer, fab review😄"

Thanks, Maureen! I have been so lucky lately! Xo

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Kendall wrote: "Excellent review Jennifer! Glad you enjoyed!!"

Thanks, Kendall!

Jaline wrote: "Terrific review, Jennifer!"

Thanks, Jaline!

Lindsay - Traveling Sister wrote: "Fantastic review Jennifer! 💜💙"

Thanks so much, Lindsay! xo

Nazanin wrote: "Amazing review, Jennifer! Glad it was a good read! xoxo"

Thank you, Nazanin! 💗

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Marialyce wrote: "As always a great review!"

Thank you, Marialyce!

Norma * Traveling Sister wrote: "Glad to see you enjoyed it Jennifer and excellent review!"

Thanks, Norma! Me, too!

Linda wrote: "Lovely review, Jennifer! :)"

Thanks, Linda!

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• wrote: "Wonderful review ❤️"

Thanks so much, Jenny! Xo

Meredith wrote: "Glad you enjoyed this more than I did. Great review!"

Thanks, Meredith! I can understand your points and you wrote a thoughtful review, as always.

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Antoinette wrote: "Great review, Jennifer. You make it sound so enticing."

Thanks, Antoinette! I just love studies on relationships. So intriguing to me!

Julie wrote: "Looking forward to this one. Terrific review, Jennifer!! 😊"

Thanks, Julie! I hope you enjoy it too!

Deanna wrote: "Fantastic review, Jennifer!"

Thanks, Deanna!

Elaine wrote: "Nice review. But if your stats are true I should spend my time on my husband rather than reading the book. Otherwise I'll end up one of those 1 in 3 cheating folks you referred to! Thanks for the r..."

Thanks, Elaine! You never fail to make me laugh!

Glenda wrote: "Great review Jennifer. Will I live long enough to read all the books on my list? This one is being added."

Thanks, Glenda! Our TBR stacks will never dry up, will they? I hope you enjoy it and look forward to your thoughts!

Carol wrote: "Creative review. That mattress made me smile."

Thanks so much, Carol! The cover really captures some of the emotions in the book!

Cheri wrote: "Fantastic review, Jennifer!"

Thanks, sweet Cheri!

message 40: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Great review!!