Veronica 's Reviews > Gil's All Fright Diner

Gil's All Fright Diner by A. Lee Martinez

Earl and Duke are just a couple of rednecks, driving along in their pickup truck minding their own business until one night when they pull into an all night diner. What they find is a diner owner with a bit of a zombie infestation problem. This doesn't fluster anyone nearly as much as one would expect since it seems that weird stuff isn't a new phenomenon in the small town. Did I mention that Earl is a vampire and Duke is a werewolf? And that they have their very own meet-cute story? Well, they are and they do. So naturally they fit right in with all the bizarre goings-on like zombie cows, Shakesperean ghouls, a headless ghost dog, and a 16 year old trying to start her own cult. It's all a part of the Law of Anomolous Attraction.

This was a fun, kooky read. I listened to the audiobook and the narrator did a great job with all the voices, even the female ones - and that's something I almost never say about male narrators. Earl and Duke made the story and I wish the author would write a second book featuring them. I'll be checking out more books from this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gil's All Fright Diner.

February 17, 2018 – Started Reading